I turn 30 next year. As I get ready to leave my twenties behind, it feels like a good time to reflect on all the life lessons I’ve learned so far. I am so different to who I was a decade ago and I have these lessons to thank for that. I’m wondering if any of these echo with you, or if there are any you would add. Let me know what they are in the comments.
1. Spending time getting to know ourselves and who we really are brings confidence and self-security.
2. You are the best friend you’ll ever have. Be kind to yourself.
3. Not everyone will like you. They aren’t supposed to.
4. Listen to your gut, you know what is best for you.
5. Friends come and go and that’s OK. Resisting this only brings unhappiness. Drifting apart doesn’t make us bad people.
6. It’s better to have one good friend than lots of ‘friends’ who barely know who we really are.
7. Wear SPF every day, because there is no better anti-ageing product out there. Prevention is better than the cure.
8. Fake tan is not a good look. Never has been,never will be. Leave it alone.
9. Finances are important, prioritise them and your future self with thank you.
10. Travel is good for the soul.
11. Travel light.
12. It’s OK to have no idea what we want to do with our lives. Doing what makes us happy ensures we are heading in the right direction.
13. Make time for grandparents and ask their advice. They have so much wisdom to pass on.
14. Your wedding day is not the best day of your life, it is not worth the money you think you should spend on it.
15. Create a skin care routine that’s right for your skin type and you wont need to wear as much make up.
16. Prince charming does not exist. Keep your eyes peeled for someone who shares your values and makes you laugh.
17. If you hate your job, quit!
18. We have nothing without our health, we should prioritise it and take care of ourselves as best we know how.
19. Obsessing over and idolising seemingly perfect people is a total waste of time.
20. Perfection does not exist.
21. Your style will evolve, go with it.
22. Dress for your body shape and ignore trends.
23. You will not regret investing in quality items that suit you and will never go out of style.
24. Saying no is empowering. If it doesn’t add value to your life, why would you say yes?
25. Never underestimate the power of a good night’s sleep. Everything can seem different in the morning.
26. We all make mistakes, sometimes big ones, just make sure you learn from them.
27. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
28. Embracing change can lead to exciting opportunities.
29. True happiness will not come from material possessions.
30. When we think the answer to a problem is to add something, the answer is usually to take something away.
Did I miss any? What are your life lessons? Let me know in the comments below.
Pin this for later